You are currently browsing the monthly archive for March 2007.
Sorry guys, the daily posting will end now. In fact, I might be gone for a little while for several reasons:
1. I’m pretty sick, and the other two in the household aren’t much better.
2. I’m pretty pregnant, and it’s getting kinda uncomfortable.
3. Jaylene is requiring *a lot* of extra, undivided attention.
4. I haven’t done much crafting for the above reasons, and what I have done has mostly been all hush, hush, top secret, trying to meet the deadlines for the super awesome Asian Scrapbooking book that will be out on the market soon… I love working with free goodies knowing my creations are going to be published
So mainly for health and family reasons I’ll be taking a break. But it will just be a break and I have lots of plans for this little spot on the web, including, in random order:
1. Monthly giveaways
2. Cute, strange and wierd packaging items
3. Signs of the times (funny Chinglish and inspiration for paper arts)
4. Kids crafts
5. Trips around Taiwan (it’s a beautiful place)
6. Featured artists, especially those with Etsy stores. (if you have any suggestions, please let me know!)
7. lots and lots of paper art… I have many ideas flowing through my head, lots of techniques to try, and oodles of supplies to use up.
8. and more!
So if any of the above interest you or catch your eye, don’t go too far away. I’ll see you later in April. Smiles!
Our family might be trippling the stock value of tissue, but we’re doing it in style! Those sparkly shoes for Jaylene were less than $3 USD! She’s been walking on the moon lately.
‘Scuze me, I’ve got to go blow my nose…
Run, no, *hop* over to Lisa’s site for a new Easter Countdown
Make sure you click on an egg before the date to see a scolding from the white rabbit.
Thanks Lisa for all your great giveaways!
A collage I made for a swap. Yup, I’ve been bitten by the collage bug… and a bit of a cold bug who decided to attack my entire family, but we’re okay, and you don’t want to know details! But that’s why this post is early and short! Who’s idea was it to post every day until baby boy arrived? And why oh why won’t he arrive? I thought the storm last night might jumpstart him, but it just made him angry and squirm around a lot.
It’s no wonder I keep holding off on making a softie… there’s so many wonderful artists out there, maybe one day me too…
On a baby note… there’s a thunder storm tonight, fingers crossed that will help little baby boy vacate his comfy cozy home!
About a year ago, I was feeling all depressed because perfect strangers were perfectly willing to give me their seats on the MRT (the metro). I wasn’t appreciative of the fact that they thought I was pregnant.
Now that I’m term, ready to deliver any day, I’m all sad because people won’t give me their seats. The whole “make eye contact, quickly look away and pretend to fall asleep in 0.3 seconds” is sooooo lame people! I am thankful for those who do give up their seats, and I make sure that I only take it when my back is absolutely killing me (which unfortunately is quite often these days.)
During the New Year we had a chance to stop off at a paper factory/museum/tourist spot. I’ve attended paper making classes before but it was interesting to see the large sheets of paper being created. We were lucky enough to get a tour of the facilities, but unfortunately for me it was all in Chinese.
I’d like to go back and spend a full day there in the future.